Sunday, September 6, 2009

Habits Your going down!!


So far this weekend has been GREAT!!! Mostly chillaxing.
Saturday an old friend that I had not seen in several years came over. Its was great to see her again! She looked AMAZING!! This friend last time I saw her was about a size 16 now she is a very healthy size 6 she looks great but even better she looks like she feels great!
Its always so motivating to see someone loose that much weight and just feel healthy. I was so motivated and Exited by her! I told her I had to ask how she did it because that is alot of weight to loose and keep off. She told me She made new habits and started running.
I sware running is such a miracle you loose so much weight and feel great I look at the people who are runners and see how they look and feel. I hope to someday be like that but one step at a time. Anyway She told me it takes 2-3weeks to start forming a habit and only 3 days to break it!
I started researching Habits and made myself a Little List. In my research one thing that cough my attention was Things You Can Do To Help with your Goals and Habits:
Print or Write up Your goals, post them somewhere you can see them everyday.
So I decided to make my own little Habits forming List:

3 New Habits


Go Walking!!!

Eat Healthy


Stop Chewing my nails



“First we form habits then
they form us.

Conquer your bad habits,

or they’ll eventually conquer you.”

Dr. Rob Gilbert”


I have a little chart on the one I printed out with the days so I can check off the days, and track my progress. They say you should place your Goals and Habits somewhere you will see them everyday. I hung mine on the mirror in my bathroom where I will see it first thing every day before the start of my day and the last thing I will see at the end of the day so its always on my mind :)



2 comments:

  1. Here is another thing you can add to help that I just read: when you are having a craving - wait 5 minutes before indulging and the craving usually goes away (or you are able to engage your brain to know better)! I'm rooting for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actualy makes alot of sence! Yeah I bought Gum for those late night cravings. I stop eating at 8 but I usualy stay up tell 1am so I get midnight munchies Gum big life saver!!
    Thanks for all your support! XOXO

    ReplyDelete